Connect, Learn, Build
72 Hours of Hacking
It begins 9/6/2018 6P PST and ends 9/9/2018 6P PST
Communicate Through Discord
Discord will be used for all official hackathon communications. For new users, please join the discord server: https://discord.gg/s6d69d5
Use Discord to introduce yourself, look for a team, or ask questions.
- 05:00PM: Opening ceremony
- 06:00PM: The Hackathon begins!
- 11:59PM: Project proposals are due
- 06:00PM: Hackathon ends
- 06:30PM: Demo
What is a hackathon?
A hackathon is an event where participants work on a coding project for a limited amount of time.
Do I have to participate during the entire 72 hours?
No. It is up to you and your team to decide your time commitment.
What if I am a beginner?
No experience is necessary. Use this time to learn something new and leave with a project and skill to showcase on your resume.
What can I build?
Anything you want: web/mobile apps, a website, API, command line program, game, or hardware project.
How big can teams be?
Teams may consist of up to 4 people.
What are the rules?
We are looking for students who are interested in volunteering during the hackathon. Students who do not have enough time to compete, but want to contribute are welcome to apply.
For more information, please visit: Volunteer Sign up
The Hackathon is open to current students at Oregon State University. Participation in the Hackathon constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). The term “you” refers to you, and may be used interchangeably with, the “Participant”.
- All members of the team have registered on DevPost and are added to the project submission.
- All submissions must be hosted on Github (entire commit history must be present)
- Console app projects must include a http://repl.it project link with their submission
How to enter
- Register on Devpost.
- Find a team on Devpost , Discord, or sign up for an assigned team by 9/5 6:00 PM PST: https://goo.gl/forms/fCZnu3Qg8T33pZpu2
- Post Project Proposal to the Discord #proposals channel by 9/6 11:59pm PST
- Team name
- Project description
- Technologies you will use
- If you're still looking for team members, and how many spots are left (4 max)
- Submit project on Devpost by 9/9/2018 6P PST
Software Engineer / Workday
AI Programmer / Hangar 13 games
How technically impressive was the hack? Was the technical problem the team tackled difficult? Did the technology involved make you go "Wow"?
How is the design and user experience of the project? Is it easy to understand and use?
Is this a product that people will use in their daily lives? Will it make lives better?
Is the project creative, new and innovative? Is it something we already know or is the idea disruptive?